Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Don't hate on models

Just in time for tonight's finale to America's Next Top Model (ANTM) is this article about efforts to bring healthier models to Milan's fashion world. I've seen a group on Facebook called "Eating Disorders are NOT Glamorous: BOYCOTT AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL" that made me wonder if being a fan of ANTM was supporting unhealthy habits and superficial ideas of beauty. But just because I want to be a good person doesn't mean I need to justify everything I do and like. And just because something, like an idea of beauty, is mainstream doesn't make it less valid.

I'm watching right now, and they'll announce the winner in a few minutes. I hope that they pick the girl with people skills and personality rather than the technical study.

No comments: