Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Coincidence? I think so!

The part that I wanted to blog about is at the end of this long clip, but I hope that you enjoy the whole thing :)



I'm actually going to discuss one of my strongest core beliefs. No, it wasn't formed by watching Dexter's Lab, but it deals with actions and chain reactions.

One reason I feel so strongly about doing good is because I believe every person is capable of it every moment of every day. Think about the little coincidences in life that had big consequences. I always love those romantic stories of how John and Jane met by reaching for the same glass at a dinner party, or somesuch thing. Chance, and many interactions built up to that moment. Perhaps if someone hadn't held the elevator for John, he would have been late to the party and never met her at all. The thing is, each of our actions has a ripple effect. Because there are so many factors, we don't know what those consequences will be. But if we at least try to do good, we've done our best, and maybe if there are enough of us out there, our ripples will send waves in the right direction, instead of deflecting each other into frothy noise.

No comments: