Friday, January 26, 2007

CFA startup

SO, I've just finished my first week of studying, and can tell you how to properly reference the term CFA (it's an adjective, not noun!). But did I just use it as a noun...? Up next is Time Value of Money, which has always been fun. Looking ahead also made me realize that I should get myself a proper calculator, so an order just went into Amazon for a spiffy new TI BAII Plus Professional. I've heard that the Pro version is pretty nice, so figured I'd invest into it, and use my old regular BAII Plus as a backup. Turned out being around $45, the cheapest of TI's official distribution vendors, and Amazon offers free shipping as well. It's also a far cry from the HP 12c, which I think I saw listed at over $100. Why you would spend that much on a machine that only understands Reverse Polish Notation is beyond me. There's already enough material to study; while I'll have to spend some time getting used to my new 'lator, hopefully it won't take too long.

Other unintended consequences of this exam - shopping for a new credit card. Though I expect to get reimbursed by my company, study and enrollment fees will max out my limit for a while, and I enjoy the convenience of credit over ATMs. The Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card looks quite nice (woo cashback), and I'm hoping they'll approve me. Creditcards.com was useful for browsing potential vendors. The Discover gas card rated highly on the site, but Discover isn't as widely accepted is it?

Back to exam prep...though it's only been a week, this week has been exhausting. Suppose I'm not used to studying anymore (not that I ever really was). But I must keep at it, because I don't want to let anyone (myself, my family, my managers) down. Plus, I've postponed my desired purchase of a PS2 until June, so I'd better make these gameless months worth it.


"Hey, BBP, want to go out tonight?"

Friday nights now: "Sorry, CFA."
Friday nights 4 months from now: "Sorry, DDR."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b] Buy a New Mattress Or Bed? [/b]

There is no doubt you currently have a bed. But the question arises, whether to buy a new mattress or buy an entirely new bed that comes with a mattress. Or even just buy the bed frame. Let us find the answer!

There are many options to beds. Not only do you have different types, such as air or spring / coil, there are also the options of different sizes. And this is just looking at the mattress! What about the bed!

Ok, so there is this bed you have at home. This bed works, and has worked for some time, but it is time for a change.

Now you have several options. One is to change the entire bed, which generally will come with the mattress, or just buy the mattress and use the original bed frame.

The choice that you make will come down to several factors. For example, buying a new bed will cost more than replacing a mattress.

If you decide to change the mattress, there are a few things to be aware of. For example, what size is it? Will it fit onto the existing frame?

In most cases, the same size will work. The next question you may ask is whether to keep the same kind of mattress or look for another type.

For example, memory foam varieties are a great upgrade and create incredible comfort. There are also the options of buying an entirely new bed.

The option of replacing everything can happen if the entire bed has problems. It is a wise idea in this case to replace it all.

With bed frames, there are wood varieties, plastic, and metal varieties. Wood versions are generally more expensive, but of high quality, as well as having nice designs.


The largest choice of beds and mattresses on [url=http://best-beds.com]Mattresses and Beds Online Store Best-Beds.com[/url]. Choose the bed that suits you best!